Sunday 25 March 2012

The Sun, The Moon, you name it!

Caught a quick glimpse of the Sun this afternoon and grabbed a photo of it:
Couple of big sun spots today. Again, according to maps of the Sun, the entire earth could easily fit into that spot on the left of the Sun. Wow!

Even the Moon made an appearance this evening. At about 8pm it was near Jupiter in the West:
Even though there wasn't much of the Moon showing, I still had to test out my 9mm and 15mm eyepieces on it and try to take a photo of it:

Oh, and I managed to see Saturn the other night! Got up at 5am for a leak (I'll spare you the details) and remembered that Saturn is about at that time (in the West) and sure enough, there it was! Not much detail to see, but I could see a small planet with those infamous rings around it. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment