Wednesday 7 March 2012

New stuffs! (soon)

Viewing the moon when it's so bright really does blind you for a minute/two afterwards, so I've bought a small set of filters (one moon, one red, and one blue) which will screw into my existing eyepieces. Not only that, but for £40 the kit comes with two Kellner eyepieces (9mm and 15mm) and all in a nice little box.



I've also bought a sheet of Baader (I think that's what it's called) solar filter stuff that I can put over the end of the scope to let me look at the moon without blinding myself (or my phone which is definitely now 'hard of sight') which will be awesome. Oh, and Astronomy for Dummies. Because I need it:


Lastly I've bought a Cheshire collimation tool. Sometimes when I'm viewing stuff I can see shadows at the side and I'm thinking the scope might need adjusting. I've not aligned it since I got it. Might not need it now, but either way it's a tool I'll need at some point.

That will be all.

No comments:

Post a Comment