Sunday 12 February 2012

Review and a purchase

If you're wondering what I think of the Skywatcher Heritage 130P thus far then you can check out my review of it here: http://stargazerslounge.com/member-equipment-reviews/175621-skywatcher-heritage-130p.html

In short: well chuffed.

I've also just bought a £6 Xbox Live webcam. Apparently these cams can be easily modified for use with telescopes and work pretty well considering their cheapness. Will report back on that when I get it.

*taps fingers* just need the clouds to bugger off now...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ronnie ...

    Followed your link from the Stargazers Lounge. Will be very interested to see how you get with the Heritage 130p as I'm hoping to be picking one up myself some time in the next couple of weeks.

    Will also be interested in seeing how you get on using Ubuntu, as I'm a recent convert too :-)

    Cheers For Now and Clear Skies

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nick,

      Thanks for reading my mad ramblings.

      Tonight I was having a looksy at Jupiter. Not much to see at 25mm, but with the 10mm and the Barlow I could JUST make out some banding on Jupiter.

      Don't expect massive amounts of detail on anything outside of the moon. Mars is a small red-tinted dot (even with the Barlow) as is Venus. But the amount of stuff to see is phenomenal. While looking at some random star I saw my first meteor too!

      Good luck with Ubuntu, it'll serve you well. I've been using it for over five years now and wouldn't touch Windows again with a ten foot barge pole. Check out my free Ubuntu magazine that I edit each month: http://fullcirclemagazine.org

      All the best!

      Delete