Thursday 9 February 2012

Registax - it's hard!

OK, it seems like I'll have to use Registax 6 via Wine. The only other alternative that seems up to the task is AstroStack and while it is a 'native' Linux app it's only because it's written in Java. Either way, both apps are pretty difficult to use.

What I've managed to do is (using cardboard and blu-tac) hold my Logitech HD webcam to the eyepiece of the telescope and record a short video. Also took a couple of stills using the webcam:
Only problem is that my slow old laptop has difficultly recording a full HD video, so I might have to bring the recording resolution down to about 640x480.

Oh, and here's one with my phone:

I can see that it's going to take a lot of tinkering to get Registax to give good results as apparently it needs hundreds of video frames to stack to give a good output image.

No comments:

Post a Comment